Monday, October 20, 2008

The dermatologist visit

So I went to see my dermatologist this morning. First of all, she looks so much like Sarah Palin, I could hardly concentrate on what she was saying. I just kept expecting her to break out in the awkward little dance Palin did on SNL's Weekend Update Saturday night (which was awesome, by the way).

When I left the appointment and started making my way through the parking lot, there was this man peering into the back of my car. Obviously he saw the "what the heck" look on my face and asked if that was my car. "Yep, sure is," I said. He preceded to tell me some story about how he needs a new car and was thinking of buying one like mine. He asked a few vague questions - "How does it drive?" yadayadayada. Then, he said, "I'm not going to rob you or hurt you or anything." Clearly the look of terror on my face said it all.

I've always been one to freak out in situations like that. He had a heavy jacket on and had his hands in his pockets the entire time. He was a shady looking character anyway, despite the fact he was circling my vehicle suspiciously. I just kept waiting on him to ask me to hand over my purse or knock me over the head with some blunt object. Luckily I was able to play it cool, jump in my car and drive off. I gave the derm's office a call on my way home just to give them a heads up about the guy in the parking lot. They all probably thought I was crazy. I'm sure it was some regular patient or something. I'm sure I overreacted, but you just don't go snooping in the windows of people's cars. Go to a car lot to check out vehicles!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Geez that would have creeped me out too. Girl, you need to get some mace.

black betty said...

you were nicer than i would have been. i usually start my sentence (in a situation like this) with "what the f&*k are you doing?" yeah, no tact here. but hey, tact vs. kidnapping. i don't know... :P

glad you're okay. get a taser.

Randi Troxell said...

HA! that's funny... but i totally don't blame you. my studio where i work is an hour away from home so somehow (i didn't ask questions) my husband got me a small tazer. lol. pretty coool- i agree with the mace.... (or the tazer) you gotta keep safe!

From the Doghouse said...

You ESPECIALLY don't do it while people are in the car!

AM said...

I know what derm. you went to! ha! She does kinda look like Palin. They did a bit on the news about her not long ago too....

yeah, BB and I tend to be rude from the beginning with freaks like that....