Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hurricane, Hurricane, Go Away

The fact that Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast THREE years ago blows my mind. Although much progress has been made in the recovery process, there's still a long way to go.

And then there's Gustav. Word on the street is it's crazy out there - people filling up gas tanks, stocking up on supplies. I remember after Katrina we sat outside in lawn chairs for days just praying for a breeze. I stripped our daughter, who was a baby at the time down to her diaper because of the lack of A/C. Ice and gas were like gold and silver. And we had it good in the central part of the state.

I feel like we'll definitely be more prepared this time. I was oblivious about Katrina until it was right on us. I bebopped into work that morning like nothing was out of the ordinary. This time I'll be a little more cautious and stock up. I just hope that Gustav will show a little mercy.

No comments: