Monday, August 11, 2008

Infidelity...hmmm...

A couple of days after Morgan Freeman's car accident with his lady friend, the news came that he and his wife were filing for divorce. Although it is not completely and positively because of infidelity, reading between the lines would make one think otherwise. Being a bit idealistic in nature, this completely broke my poor little heart.

And then there was the news of the John Edwards affair. This news wasn't as earth shattering for me, given that I have a hard time taking Edwards seriously since the first time I laid eyes on him. I don't know which makes me more angry - a man cheating on his wife, or a woman who puts up with it (a'la Elizabeth Edwards). This, I believe, is the reason people still cheat - because they can get away with it. Forgiveness is great and all, but come on, people!

As you know, I'm a huge fan of Morgan Freeman and my guess is that this won't change, but I must say, Myrna Colley-Lee, aka Mrs. Morgan Freeman, has gained some respect in my book. Take note, Mrs. Edwards.

No comments: