Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living on Love



I had a really fun interview today. I'm working on a story about couples at different stages of marriage for a Valentine's story. It's so fun to hear the story of how people met and fell in love. Today I went to an elderly couple's home to do an interview. They are a widow and widower that met and fell in love in their eighties. After only a month of "courting," they made the leap into marriage. She made me some banana bread and tea for me and I settled in to listen to them gush about each other. The.sweetest.thing.ever. Ever. I can't imagine losing my Nathan, as both of them lost their spouses after 50 and 60 years of marriage. But, to see them so happy together is just heartwarming.

Sometimes I think the story of how I met my husband and how he proposed, etc. is so boring when you hear these really amazing stories. But, I must say, we have such a wonderful marriage. Maybe the start was ho-hum, but it just keeps getting better. I love to see others in love because I just know how they feel. It's pretty stinking great.

I promise the mushiness will stop after Valentine's Day (well, maybe.).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. I could never imagine loosing the cowboy after only what I'm sure only seems like a few decades. I have our love story on my blog, and it wasn't until I wrote it down that I realized how great it really is....

Stopping by from SITS!!!

Jamie said...

I think it is really sweet.

My Daddy passed away 3 years ago. After about a year and a half my Mom started dating a gentleman my parents had been friends with. He had lost his wife sometime before. They married after about 6 months together. My sister kept saying they were rushing, but both of them are over 60. What is rushing when you are at that stage of life? It really was something to watch it unfold.

black betty said...

cute pic!!

Whiskey Belle said...

I love you and Nathan's love story! And y'all are very lucky to have the great marriage that you do! :)