Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Productivity...

It feels so good.

I've had a busy day (in addition to the busy week and a half preceding). Days like today make me so thankful for being able to do what I love. I spent the morning bustling around the metro area talking to interesting people for various stories. We have a wealth of intriguing people oozing with Southern hospitality here. Like this lady:


You'll have to pick up the February issue of Madison County Magazine to see who this creative, eclectic lady is.

Anyway, in addition to a busy, busy, week, our weekend was busy too (self-inflicted of course). Besides, the Saints game, (yeah, yeah, who dat?, yaddayadda, I could care less about football, but I am glad to see a Southern team in the Super Bowl and my husband happy), we embarked on another project - the girls' room. It's not complete, so I'll only show you bits and pieces before the big reveal.

Project Wonderland Entry #1:

We painted...
Here's the room color before:


(this is my RyBug and two of her friends)
Blah. Fine for my living room, but not nearly special enough for my babies. So here's what we covered it up with.




It's "Window Pane" by Behr. I'm not much for pink, but my oldest daughter is, so this is a compromise. The blue tones down the pink that's everywhere else.

Also, I found this adorable ribbon (Hobby Lobby, what would I do without you?) and grabbed two of the letters that used to be in baby girl's name on her nursery wall (and happen to be the first letter of the girls' names) and made up these contraptions...



Not sure yet if this is where they'll stay, but we'll see. I still have lots to do. I have to find something for the walls and learn how to sew so that I can make bedskirts and curtains. Also, my oldest is dying for a chandelier, so a search has ensued. As soon as I have the time (and the budget allows), I'll get right on that. It's so fun though, I can't wait for the big reveal!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice color with the off white woodwork. I have seen a few houses lately with real chandeliers, they look really cute!

Thanks for visiting today!

Tammy said...

Stopping in from SITS! Love the new color in the girls room. I think it will grow with them too. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son...we have mint green in Em's room and grey in B's room...not those baby colors!

Have fun decorating. I bet you could make a chandeleir...cheap!

Lora said...

cute room redo!
Visiting you from SITS--have a good one!

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

LOVE the color. Great idea with the letters too. So glad that I am getting such great ideas from such talented bloggers out there. Visiting from SITS.

Monica said...

Great color!! I love that it is not so pink! Great job super mom!

Unknown said...

The room is gorgeous! I'm loving the colors that you put together...love love LOVE everything about it.

Stopping by from SITS...Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

<3 LOVE the colors you've used.. and that ribbon! OH MY! What beautiful little princesses & a perfect room :) (Stopping by from SITS)

Katie A. said...

I LOVE the new wall color! I have a friend who used a chandelier in her babies room. She got the chandelier pretty cheap from Hobby Lobby and it turned out really nice!

April said...

Love it! It's so girly and cute. Stopping by from SITS!

Resh Rene` said...

Wow it's so cute with what you have already done. Can you imagine having a room with a chandelier as a little girl? So dreamy!!

Swinging by from SITS and I love the handy work!