Monday, January 18, 2010

Why I Love the South - Reason #5

So it's been a while since I wrote about why I love the South... and oh, how I love it!

Reason #5: The cold never lasts long!
Here in the deep South, it has been ffffrrrrreeezzzingggg!!! We're just not used to the weather we have been having down here!


Lucky for us Southerners, me, because I can't deal with the cold, it doesn't last very long. This weather has been very out of character for Mississippi. I can feel it to my bones, which makes me stay snuggled up in the house, which I don't mind for oh, about 24 hours. Then, the cabin fever sets in big time.

After Christmas is over, I'm chomping at the bit for Spring to roll around. Here, Summer rolls around about two weeks after Spring makes its appearance, but I'm ok with that. Here's what I have to look forward to:
                               
Ahhh, warm. Maybe I'm a big ol' baby, but I sure am glad I live here.

Now, on a serious note, I realize that with all the tragedy in the world right now, I'm ridiculous to be complaining about the weather. Please join me in praying for Haiti!
I hope you all have a great week. I've been busy, busy, writing, writing, writing, but I promise to be back soon.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I agree 1000%. After 15 years in Texas, 5 in Arkansas, 2 in Mississippi, then back to Arkansas for the last 8 I do not handle the cold well at all.

A week or so ago we were hitting highs in the teens. NO FUN! I am looking forward to Spring.

Stopping by from Sits, have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

I was just excited that the temp in Pennsylvania went above 30 degrees this week!

Stopping by from SITS, have a great day!

Miranda said...

Found you on SITS - love your blog. You've got yourself a new reader, I'm afraid! I miss the South... Ahhh. It's supposed to snow here today, and it's about 34 outside right now.

~Miranda
http://itsawwightmama.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

ITA! That's why we moved out West. Warm weather all the time :-)


*from SITS